New smiles from the Coastbeat Community
Spread a smile to the Coastbeat Community and beyond…
At Coastbeat, we believe a smile can go a long way. In light of that, we’re kicking off a competition to create smiles and bring joy.
Create a smile out of objects in the home with food or crafts or even outside with flowers, leaves, rocks or chalk. These ideas aren’t just for kids – we’re all at home together so parents should get involved too. Mums and Dads, let’s show our kids how important smiles are – now more than ever. They’re contagious too!
What we are asking you to do
- Create a smile out of objects from home.
- Upload your photo to Instagram and tag @coastbeat
- Encourage friends, family and neighbours to comment with a smile.
- The photo with the most smile comments will WIN 1 of 2 fruit and veg boxes and every entry will receive a Spread Coastbeat Smiles sticker.
- Most importantly, have fun, be creative and do it with a smile.
*Make sure you private message Coastbeat on Instagram to provide your home address so we can mail out your sticker or email your address to firstname.lastname@example.org
Fun Facts about smiling
- Did you know there are 19 different types of smiles and 6 of those are for happiness?
- Smiling is contagious
- Smiling can reduce stress and bring down your blood pressure
- Your first facial expression as a baby is smiling
- Smiling is universal and a multicultural symbol of happiness
- It takes less facial muscles to smile than to frown
- Smiling can change your mood and make you happier
- You appear more approachable when you smile
- The average woman smiles 62 times a day and the average man smiles 8 times a day
- Smiling while talking on the phone makes you sound friendlier and more receptive
- Smiling releases endorphins and can put you in a better mood
- Your attractiveness can be based on your smile
- Teeth are unique just like fingerprints so why not show yours off with a big, broad smile?
But best of all, smiling is FREE and can bring a lot of joy to others so, grin away!
Find out more on smiling with a great read from the Psychological Bulletin.
- After Isolation: A New Appreciation For All The North Coast Has To Offer
- New smiles from the Coastbeat Community
- Rescuing Marine Creatures Great and Small
- Support the North Coast’s Unique Species on World Turtle Day
- Tasty M.O.S.S. Chicken Thighs and Salad Recipe