Recipe – Blueberry & Lime Raw Cheesecake
Sandy Cleary from Blushing Blueberries in Macksville has been kind enough to share with us her yummy cheesecake recipe as well as her blueberry pancake recipe. The award-winning Blushing Blueberries’ products such as their organically certified blueberries, tasty sauces, and delicious jams are available at Fresco Marketplace in Coffs Harbour.
For the Base
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch salt
- 12 dates, pitted
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 x 400ml can coconut cream
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 avocado if small, otherwise ½ large
- 1 cup agave syrup** (see note 2 below)
- 1 ½ cups coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup frozen Organic Blueberries
- ¼ cup Organic Freeze-Dried Blueberries (whole or ground)
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 150ml coconut cream
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 tbsp agave syrup** (see note 2 below)
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- Fresh Organic Blueberries, Organic Freeze-Dried Blueberries, Blushing Blueberries Dessert Sauce
- Passionfruit, dragon fruit or whatever you like
- Ground nuts – pistachios, walnuts, etc.
For the Base:
Put the almonds, coconut and salt into a food processor and run until a fine crumb is achieved. Then add the dates one at a time and process until the mixture comes together. Press the mix into the base of a lightly oiled 25cm round tin* (see note) with a removable base and refrigerate for 2-3 hours until firm. Add a little water or coconut oil to bring the ingredients together into a ball when pressed together.
For the Filling:
Put all the ingredients except the coconut oil in the food processor and mix until smooth. Add the coconut oil and blend for 2 minutes or until smooth and well mixed. Pour over the set cake base and refrigerate for 1 hour until firm.
For the Topping:
Put all the ingredients except the coconut oil in the food processor and blend until smooth. Add the coconut oil and mix for 2 minutes until smooth and incorporated. Pour over the chilled filling layer and refrigerate. Leaving the cheesecake to set overnight is best and will give a better result than leaving it for just an hour or two.
Remove the Cheesecake from the tin decorate with Fresh or Frozen Organic Blueberries and whole or crushed Organic Freeze-Dried Blueberries and other fruit if desired and scatter with ground pistachios.
Serve with Blushing Blueberries Dessert Sauce or a splash of our concentrated Blueberry Shrub Cordial for a delightful taste sensation.
Keep cake refrigerated.
* Note: This makes a BIG cake, use a tin no smaller than 25cm and with tall sides if you can.
**Note 2: To make this cake Diabetic friendly substitute the Agave Syrup for Monkfruit Sweetener with Erythritol (available in most supermarkets).
If you’re looking for more recipes, visit our recipe section here.