Bone Broth Recipe
Bone Broth has a cult-like following with numerous reported health benefits that has made it a popular super food ‘drink’.
Bone Broth is a highly nutritious liquid that has been around for centuries and usually consumed as part of a sauce, gravy or soup. But don’t make the mistake of thinking that bone broths are the same thing as your standard ‘stock’; bone broths are made by slow cooking not just animal bones, but connective tissues as well and over an extended period of time.
According to GoVita, bone broths are “…rich in minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, healthy fats, and amino acids.”
The end result being that many consumers are downing broths as a regular drink, encouraged by evidence suggesting that bone broths can boost immunity, aid digestion, relieve arthritis, detox the liver, improve your sleep and improve wound healing.
Here’s a bone broth recipe with a Coffs Central twist that is SUPER easy to make!
What you’ll need
- Grab a slow cooker from Kmart
- Visit Brennan’s Quality Meats for your choice of meaty animal bones. You’ll need roughly 2kg worth.
- To add flavor, shop at Fresco for a huge variety of herbs, spices and vegetables. Onion, garlic, carrots and celery are just some of our picks!
- Apple Cider Vinegar from GoVita aids the extraction of minerals from the bones.
You’re ready to start!
- Place your bones, vegetables, herbs and spices inside the slow cooker.
- Add 40 ml of apple cider vinegar.
- Add water until everything is covered.
- Simmer for 12 hours or more.
- Then after cooling, strain leaving only the clear liquid to drink.
AND…Voila! Bottoms up!
For more recipes, check out Coastbeat’s recipes section here.