Whale Watch 2022 Competition
We want your whales!
Gowings Whale Trust and Coastbeat invite you to ENTER your best whale photograph to Whale Watch 2022.
Win Fab Prizes!
First Prize for a photographer in the Coffs Harbour area in the Open Category is a whale watching tour donated by Jetty Dive (valid for 24 months) and a GWT merchandise pack. The winner must be able to undertake the whale watching prize from Jetty Dive Coffs Harbour.
First Prize for a photographer in the Port Macquarie area in the Open Category is a whale watching tour donated by Port Jet Adventures (valid for 24 months) and a GWT merchandise pack. The winner must be able to undertake the whale watching prize from Port Jet.
Runners Up receive a GWT merchandise pack
Three winning junior photographers will receive a GWT merchandise pack. This category is open to photographers 12 years and under with parent/carer permission.
The winning photographs will be judged on artistic merit. We are looking for images that have not been photoshopped or otherwise manipulated, that convey the natural beauty and majesty of the whale in its environment. Photographs can be from anywhere on the east coast of Australia, between Byron Bay and Forster, NSW in 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- Entries must be made on the online submission form, accessed HERE
- All photographs submitted must be the work of the person named on the entry form
- Each photographer may enter up to three (3) images
- The photograph(s) must be submitted as a jpeg file
- Date and place details of where the photograph was taken must be submitted in the photograph details box on submission
- Full Terms and Conditions and ENTRY HERE
For some inspiration, check out our article on the Best Underwater Photographer of 2022.
Next week we will be interviewing British Underwater Photographer of the Year, Matty Smith, who will give us some tips for getting that winning shot.